[Help-gsl] help on diagonalisation of Hermitian Matrix

From: Raymond Salvador
Subject: [Help-gsl] help on diagonalisation of Hermitian Matrix
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 13:07:08 +0200

Dear people of GSL.

I'm trying to adapt the example given in chapter 14 (eigensystems) of the
GSL manual, on the diagonalisation of a Hilbert matrix, to the
diagonalisation of a complex hermitian matrix. I can see the obvious part
(changing functions "gsl_eigen_symmv" to "gsl_eigen_hermv"). Indeed, my
only problem is with the first bit.

Specificaly, which would be the equivalent of array data[ ] for a matrix of
complex values?  I currently have my real and imaginary parts stored as two
separate arrays of doubles. How can I give them the proper format to run
with a code analogous to the mentioned example? What function shall I use
instead of gsl_matrix_view_array()?

I will really apreciate your help. Thanks in advance,

Raymond