Re: [Help-gsl] GSL installation question

From: Jochen Küpper
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] GSL installation question
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 20:09:10 +0200

Hi Jeffrey,

On 11.10.2007, at 18:58, michael ramati wrote:

See http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/gsl.htm

Guess that is not what he wants...

I have downloaded a version the CYGWIN project onto my home computer so I can compile C++ programs using the g++ compiler. I also have a need to use the GSL library for one of my projects. I went to a Cygwin mirror site and downloaded and installed the necessary files.

So you have installed the cygwin packages gsl and gsl-devel?

When I tried to compile a program using functions contained in gsl_rng.h and gsl_randist.h the linker returned an error. It complained that it coulded find refereces to the functions and/or constant variables I declared in my code. I am running with Window XP.

Did you link against gsl?

Please send the exact command you issued and the output it produces.

Greetings,
Jochen
--
Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit http://www.Jochen- Kuepper.de