Re: [Help-gsl] How to compile a GSL progrma for gdb to debug?

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] How to compile a GSL progrma for gdb to debug?
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 13:45:31 -0600

On 30/10/2007, gyuwang <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi, all.
> I am new to GSL. I want to use MAKE to compile the program.
> For example, I want to debug the program main.c by gdb.
[...]
> (gdb) list 9
> 4     in ../sysdeps/i386/elf/start.S
> (gdb) lint main.c
> Undefined command: "lint".  Try "help".

I admit I have no idea what "lint" is supposed to do in gdb. I further
admit that I have never used gdb from its command-line interface.
Since you seem to be using Debian or a derivative, I recommend you try
out kdbg (aptitude install kdbg) as a comfortable and lightweight GUI
frontend for gdb. Simply open your binary in kdbg and the the rest
should be obvious from pointing and clicking. It's what I use, at any
rate.

- Jordi G. H.