Re: [Help-gsl] Complex vector math?

From: Michael Stauffer
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Complex vector math?
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 17:17:07 -0400

> On 01/11/2007, Michael Stauffer <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I can't find any math routines for complex vectors (i.e.
> add, mult.,
> > etc.). I can see the math routines for complex scalars in
> > gsl_complex_math.h, but I don't see anything in
> gsl_vector_complex*.
> > Am I looking in the wrong place, or is it just not there?
>
> There are basic routines for complex vectors in the BLAS
> section, where the other vector routines are.
>
> - Jordi G. H.

I saw the routines there, but they don't cover things like elmental
multiplication that are available for non-complex gsl vectors. Also, I see
that gsl_complex has routines for absolute value, conjugate, etc, but
there's not vector/matric versions. I can write my own of course, but I'd
rather use the library if it had those functions.

Cheers,
Michael