Re: [Help-gsl] simulated annealing package help

From: Francesco Ciucci
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] simulated annealing package help
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 11:23:04 -0800

ok Brian.
I will try that.
I was thinking of rewriting the whole SA thing in C++. It makes sense to me that SA is polymorphic
On Nov 8, 2007, at 1:49 AM, Brian Gough wrote:

At Mon, 5 Nov 2007 01:52:22 -0800,
Francesco Ciucci wrote:
So basically I need to add to the function of type "gsl_siman_step_t"
an additional parameter alpha that will increase at each SA step. Any
tricks? Any Ideas on how I could do it without changing the siman.c
functions?

You'd have to make a series of calls to the siman function with
decreasing t_min and increasing alpha, rather than changing alpha on
each individual step.

--
Brian Gough

Francesco Ciucci