Re: [Help-gsl] Seed for RNG

From: Daniel J Farrell
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Seed for RNG
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 14:40:19 +0000

Yeah,

Like this,

gsl_rng_set(rng, time(NULL));

you will also need to include the header file for time(), it think it is,

#include <sys/types.h>

and

#include <time.h>

Cheers,

Dan.

On 28 Feb 2008, at 18:57, Tommy Nordgren wrote:

On 28 feb 2008, at 19.40, Johan van der Walt wrote:

I got my little code going for generating random numbers using the GSL routines. Works fine. I now want to use a different seed every time I run the code. But I don't want to enter a new seed on the command line like this
   $ GSL_RNG_TYPE="taus" GSL_RNG_SEED=123 ./a.out
every time I run the code.

How can I set the seed in the code?

Johan

        Use the computer clock to generate the seed.

This sig is dedicated to the advancement of Nuclear Power
Tommy Nordgren
address@hidden