[Help-gsl] gsl_rng_alloc function not working!

From: Abbas Alhakim
Subject: [Help-gsl] gsl_rng_alloc function not working!
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 19:42:10 -0400

Hi

I am trying to initialize an RNG using the function gsl_rng_alloc( )
defined in gsl_rng.h. the line of code:

gsl_rng * r = gsl_rng_alloc (gsl_rng_taus);

(which I copies and pasted from an example in the library website) is
stopping the debugger with this message:

An access violation (Segmentation Fault) is raised in your program.

I am using Dev-C++. I appreciate any insight.