Re: [Help-gsl] a bit off topic: replacement for Num. Rec. routines

From: Andrew W. Steiner
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] a bit off topic: replacement for Num. Rec. routines
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 08:49:18 -0400

Walter, and all,

     This is indeed a common problem. The GSL fitting functions should be very
capable in replacing the NR fitting code. It may not be "drop-in", because the
interfaces are different, but it should be relatively quick to adapt
one for the
other. Although I don't know about "matrix deconvolution" per se, I'm pretty
sure that NR matrix manipulations are not particularly magical either.

HTH,
- Andrew Steiner (c.f. O2scl at http://o2scl.sourceforge.net)