[Help-gsl] Re: [Bug-gsl] configure error: cannot run test program while

From: Brian Gough
Subject: [Help-gsl] Re: [Bug-gsl] configure error: cannot run test program while cross compiling
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 22:03:41 +0100

At Wed, 24 Sep 2008 12:17:09 +0200,
Bart De Vos wrote:

> Subject: Fixed a check for fpu with sse when cross compiling
> From: Bart De Vos <address@hidden>
>
> When cross compiling gsl the configure scripts stops because it can not run
> the sse test if you're cross compiling for the i686 target. This patch just
> skips this test, in that particular situation.

Thanks.  It looks like that AC_RUN_IFELSE is missing the final
parameter which sets the default for cross-compilation.  The other
uses of AC_RUN_IFELSE all have that parameter, which explains why the
problem only shows up for i686.  I will fix that.

--
Brian Gough

GNU Scientific Library -
http://www.gnu.org/software/gsl/