[Help-gsl] gsl not getting along with gdb

From: psood1
Subject: [Help-gsl] gsl not getting along with gdb
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 18:41:13 -0500

When I try to use gdb to step through GSL functions, I get a series of
warnings of the form:

warning: Could not find object file
"/Users/mydir/gsl-1.10/.libs/libgsl.lax/libgslwavelet.a/dwt.o" - no debug
information available for "dwt.c".

My code compiles correctly.

I'm running version 1.10 of GSL on a Mac Leopard OS. I've tried installing
from both source and using package managers (both fink and darwinports). All
installations take place correctly, without any errors. The only
installation I have now is from source, having uninstalled other versions.
However, I get the warnings mentioned above when I use gdb.

Has anyone had this problem before? Does anyone know how to fix it? My next
step is throwing my computer out the window.

Thanks.