[Help-gsl] What to do with my modifications to some GSL functions

From: Maxime Boissonneault
Subject: [Help-gsl] What to do with my modifications to some GSL functions
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 09:31:10 -0500

Hi,
I have written a high-performance computing code to compute the evolution of a system using differential equation solving. I'm running it on a multi-core architecture, so that in my code, I can make use of parallel programming techniques such as OpenMP.

In order to get even better performances, I made some modifications to rkf45.c (I use Runge-Kutta-Fehlberg algorithms for integration of ODEs). The modifications are simply to add calls to OpenMP before for loops (#pragma omp for shared(...) private(...) ).

I was wondering what to do with these modifications ? Is there a way to submit them for approval to GSL so that they are integrated to the library ? Should I simply copy the required files from GSL source code, modify them and link them instead of the library when compiling my code ?

The latter (copying the files and modify them) is what I did up to now. However, I plan to publish this code under GPL license, and I'm then wondering what I should do with the copyrights for these modifications.

Thank you,

--
--------
Voter, c'est se donner le droit de chialer par la suite.

Maxime Boissonneault
Étudiant chercheur au doctorat en physique
Président de l'AGLEBUS
address@hidden
address@hidden
(819) 821-8000 #63043 (jour)
(819) 823-1913 (soirs et fins de semaine)