[Help-gsl] Segfault on gsl_vector_alloc(3)

From: Dmitri Bachtin
Subject: [Help-gsl] Segfault on gsl_vector_alloc(3)
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 16:04:41 +0100

Hello all,

I'm currently writing an inverse kinematics solver using the CCD
algorithm. For working with matrices and vectors I'm utilizing GSL.
Right now I hit the wall at allocating a gsl_vector: gsl_vector* r =
gsl_vector_alloc(3) leads on on one special iteration to a segfault.

I've installed debugging symbols (Fedora 10) and it seems to fail on
FUNCTION (gsl_vector, alloc) (const size_t n), specifically at v = (TYPE
(gsl_vector) *) malloc (sizeof (TYPE (gsl_vector))); whereby n = 3.

I tried to compile the same code under a Zenwalk (Slackware-based) with
same and different switches and it fails at the same place.

I put the complete code to http://rafb.net/p/cOPMZW39.html , buildable
with gcc -o ccd src.c -lgsl -lgslcblas -lm . It always fails in line 174
on the mentioned call. Always on iteration 4, node 3, second call.

Used packages:
gsl-1.11-4.fc10.i386
glibc-2.9-3.i686
gcc-4.3.2-7.i386