[Help-gsl] Problem with GSL installation

From: Debasish Banerjee
Subject: [Help-gsl] Problem with GSL installation
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 22:45:42 +0530

Hi,
     I use Ubuntu Linux as my OS and I do not have root previliges in my
LAN. I want to install GSL locally in my machine and did so under a local
directory called  GSL in my home-directory, ie:
~/GSL
I specify the installation directory in ./configure and it configures
without any errors. Further make and make install also works fine.
Furthermore, I also add the following lines in my ~/.bashrc :

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/****/****(home-dir)***/GSL/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

/****/****(home-dir)***/GSL/lib: is what I get by doing pwd in the
respective directory. However, when I try to compile my program using:
(name of the prog is exactchk2.c)

 cc -Wall -I~/GSL/include/gsl -L~/GSL/lib/ -lgsl -lgslcblas exactchk2.c  -o
exactchk2

It gives me the following error:
exactchk2.c:9:30: error: gsl/gsl_sf_bessel.h: No such file or directory

Please help as soon as possible. I cannot run my programs due to this.

ttfn
Debasish