Re: [Help-gsl] recommended usage

From: Brian Gough
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] recommended usage
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 09:30:34 +0100

At Sun, 10 May 2009 15:46:09 -0400,
Gideon Simpson wrote:
> If I'm using the gsl_vector structure with something like the discrete
> hankel transform, which is the recommended usage:
>
> gsl_dht_apply(t, gsl_vector_ptr(f_in, 0), gsl_vector_ptr(f_out, 0));
>
> or
>
> gsl_dht_apply(t, f_in->data, f_out->data);

Since the DHT doesn't take a stride argument, I'd recommend using a
either plain array or a gsl_block to avoid any confusion if there are
vectors with non-unit stride (otherwise, check that stride==1).

It is fine to access the data as x->data, the struct is part of the
public interface and will not change.  Also, it's clearer to read that
way in my opinion.

--
Brian Gough