[Help-gsl] Questions about the code of some functions in cblas implement

From: José Luis García Pallero
Subject: [Help-gsl] Questions about the code of some functions in cblas implementation
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 13:31:10 +0200

Hi,
Surfing the source code of some functions of cblas implementation I found:
1- In source_scal_r.h, _c_s.h and _c.h I think that the sentence ix =
OFFSET(N, incX); is not needed because the functions only works when incX is
greater than 0 and, in this case, OFFSET(N, incX) allways returns 0.
2- I can see that, as in the original BLAS, *axpy functions has loop
unrolling by hand. Is this nessesary today with the optimizations of the
copiler? I can see in other functions of the gsl-cblas that unrolling is not
used (though in the original fortran BLAS is still used).

José Luis García Pallero
address@hidden
(o<
/ / \