Re: [Help-gsl] About invalid parameters in cblas implementation

From: José Luis García Pallero
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] About invalid parameters in cblas implementation
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2009 21:46:39 +0200

El 2 de julio de 2009 21:57, Brian Gough <address@hidden> escribió:

> I've checked the BLAS papers again[1] and you are right, we should be
> catching the other errors like M<0 listed there.  So we need to do two
> things (i) add the checks for those errors and (ii) provide a way of
> setting a custom cblas_xerbla function to avoid the hard-coded abort()
> at least when using GSL CBLAS.  Let me know if these are things you
> could help with. Thanks.

Hi,
I don't understand clearly the point (ii). It can be implemented a tuned
cblas_xerbla() for the cblas functions in gsl, but when you link your
program with other blas implementation, the called xerbla won't be the gsl
one.
About the gsl_cblas* wrapper, all test errors must be implemented for a
correct error code return in all cases. The problem (probably not is a real
problem) is that when gsl_cblas* is called the error checking is performed
twice: in the gsl_cblas* routine and in the final cblas_* function.
I can try to implement the error checking for cblas_* functions in my spare
time, but problably will be a slow task.

José Luis García Pallero
address@hidden
(o<
/ / \