[Help-gsl] Mistake in the documentation ?

From: Maxime Boissonneault
Subject: [Help-gsl] Mistake in the documentation ?
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 15:55:33 -0400

Hello,
I am reading the documentation to do multidimensionnal minimization with GSL. I think there is a mistake on that page :
http://www.gnu.org/software/gsl/manual/html_node/Multimin-Algorithms-without-Derivatives.html

It says "They construct n vectors p_i from the starting vector x and the vector step_size as follows..." According to the following, it should be "They construct n+1 vectors p_i from the..."

Can someone who understand the algorithm better confirm ?

Thank you,

--
--------
Put a ladder if there's a wall, don't be afraid to slip and fall, speak for

Maxime Boissonneault
Étudiant chercheur au doctorat en physique
Président de l'AGLEBUS
address@hidden
address@hidden
(819) 821-8000 #63043 (jour)
(819) 823-1913 (soirs et fins de semaine)