Re: [Help-gsl] Re: gsl c++ wrapper ?

From: awsteiner
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Re: gsl c++ wrapper ?
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 17:34:17 +0000

Although Marco already is aware, for posterity I'll note that o2scl is
also an alternative. I view O2scl as preferable to TNT for linear
algebra (TNT is not under active development, does not properly handle
const-ness, and is not as compatible with GSL as O2scl is. Then again,
I'm the O2scl developer, so I do have some bias). Boost, as Rodney
has mentioned, is a good alternative. All of these options are limited
in their overlap as well, so it depends on exactly what you're looking for.
In the finance community there is also quantlib, which I heard about
the other day.

Then there's OO linear algebra in general, where there are many more
options than those discussed here -- most of them listed, for example,
at oonumerics.org (eg FLENS and Blitz).

Andrew Steiner
( http://o2scl.sourceforge.net )