[Help-gsl] comparison to numeric calculation software application

From: Jason Lillywhite
Subject: [Help-gsl] comparison to numeric calculation software application
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 19:13:21 -0500

After reading a little about gsl and trying bindings in Scheme and
Ruby, I have come to feel that GSL is comparable to matlab, scilab, or
mathimatica. But since then, have been told by some that I might be
off a little. How much are we missing out on by using GSL instead of
say, Matlab when it comes to numerical methods. BTW - I am a beginner
in MatLab, GSL, and numerical methods.

Thank you.