Re: [Help-gsl] Intermediate steps on gsl_odeiv_step_rk2

From: Tuomo Keskitalo
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Intermediate steps on gsl_odeiv_step_rk2
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 15:48:19 +0300

Hi,

On 08/25/2009 12:54 PM, Mafalda Sousa wrote:

I'm using this ODE solver and I wanted to know if there's a way of accessing
the intermediate steps for each gsl_odeiv_step_apply. For example, in the

I suppose it is technically possible by a trick like ((rk2_state_t *)(s->state))->k2, but that depends on the stepper. For rk2 it might work. However, some steppers don't preserve internally the intermediate values for the one whole step (h). The source would have to be modified in order for this trick to work with those steppers.

I suggest that if it is feasible, you should evaluate your function at the points you want outside ODE routines.

Best regards,
Tuomo

--
address@hidden