Re: [Help-gsl] simple nonlinear fit

From: Tuomo Keskitalo
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] simple nonlinear fit
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 09:36:19 +0300

Hi,

On 08/28/2009 06:00 AM, Long Vu wrote:

I am new to GSL and new to nonlinear fit as well. I would like to use
the nonlinear fit of GSL, could you please help?

You should familiarize yourself with the basics of non-linear regression / non-linear least squares first. You should be able to use the GSL example as a starting point. Please post your code to the list so that people can see what might be wrong.

To get initial values, you can try different values of a, b and c and see what f(x) values they give you. Try different values until you get something that resembles your f(x) data. Then use them as the initial values.

Regards,
Tuomo

--
address@hidden