Re: [Help-gsl] Sparse Levenberg-Marquardt

From: John Pye
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Sparse Levenberg-Marquardt
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 20:05:27 +1000

Hi Tom

Tom Banwell wrote:
> I was wondering if you could help me.  I have a nonlinear least squares
> problem that has a large number of parameters, greater than 1,000.
> [...]
>
>  5) Other algorithms or libraries I could use.

We recently added support for IPOPT to ASCEND. This means that (with a
bit of building from source in our 'mahesh' branch) you could try the
IPOPT solver via the ASCEND language bindings. If you'd like to give
this a shot, let me know, I can guide you through it. We've only
recently completed this code, so we'd be really pleased to have your
problem as a test case.

http://ascendwiki.cheme.cmu.edu/IPOPT

Cheers
JP