Re: [Help-gsl] Binary installer for GSL-1.13 on MinGW

From: John Pye
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Binary installer for GSL-1.13 on MinGW
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 11:07:16 +1100

Hi Seb

Thanks for the feedback. I did at one point take a look at the GnuWin32
stuff, but I couldn't find any documentation at the time about their
packaging process, so I moved on and used my own. I'm using NSIS for a
few different things, so it was easy for me to continue like that.
http://ascendwiki.cheme.cmu.edu/Category:MinGW

I'll take a look at maybe working out a way to produce an installer that
can provide either/both static/dynamic (shared) libraries. I usually opt
for shared libraries, although obviously static linking has some
advantages for distributability.

As for the DLLs, it's supposed to be OK to simply copy them to the same
directory as your executable. You shouldn't have to put them in your
system folder (nor is that generally encouraged).

Cheers
JP