Re: [Help-gsl] Inquiry : GSL on 64 bits computer

From: Sumit Adhikari
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Inquiry : GSL on 64 bits computer
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 08:53:56 +0530

Hi,
  I have been using gsl on 64 bit machine for a long time and I have never
seen segmentation fault
  due  library unless I am doing something wrong. For 64 bits I find the
library is stable.
  Best thing will be to run gdb/ddd to chck from where the fault is coming
from.
  I would suggest you to run debugger to see where is the problem. Valgrind
is useful to find memory
  leak, but gdb/ddd will very fast take you there from where the error is
coming from. Most of the cases
  it might be a typecast problem or a erroneous delete of an array and so
on.
Regards,
Sumit