Re: [Help-gsl] Generalized eigenvalues complex float

From: Moritz Fischer
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Generalized eigenvalues complex float
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 13:00:14 +0100

On Thu, 2010-03-25 at 08:08 +0100, Marco Maggi wrote:

> Sorry,  do you  mean complex  generalised hermitian-definite
> eigensystems (which are in the  GSL), or the general case of
> complex matrix (which, AFAICT, are not)?
Sorry for not beeing clear, I was talking about a generalized
hermitian-definite eigensystem. But with a matrix of type
gsl_matrix_complex_float instead of gsl_matrix_complex.

> >Would you  guys look forward  to have an  implementation of
> >this, or is  there any (numerical?) reason why  it does not
> >exist?
>
> I cannot speak  for GSL maintainers, but this  would be more
> work  of  coding and  maintenance  for  a  feature which  is
> already  available in  LAPACK[1] (if  I understand  what you
> need).
Yeah, I know. I already have an implementation with the corresponding
LAPACK routines. But I'd prefer to take GSL in this case.

Thanks anyway.

Moritz