[Help-gsl] Kernel Density Estimator

From: Jose Carlos Rubio Ballester
Subject: [Help-gsl] Kernel Density Estimator
Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 16:57:09 +0200

Hi,

Does anyone know how can I train an arbitrary density distribution from
training data using a non-parametric method, like a Kernel Density
Estimator?. I see that the former "Goose" library has this feature:

- Kernel density estimation using Epanechnikov, Biweight, Triweight,
Gaussian and Uniform kernels.

However, I don't see anything like that in the GSL documentation. I wonder
if this algorithm is still in the library, and in that case, where can I
find information about how to use it?

Thanks!