Re: [Help-gsl] Integration involving Bessel Function

From: ptribedy
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Integration involving Bessel Function
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 14:43:53 -0400

Dear Sir,
thank you for the suggestion.

Yes, I tried "gsl_integration_qagiu" , it also couldn't handle the
oscillation and finally giving a very large +ve or -ve value.

I am doing multiple integrations(using say gsl_integration_qag) between
the zero's of J0(x) and summing up the series using some force convergence
method. Its is very slow method.

My integral is :

I(k)= \int_0^\infty [dx x J0(kx) F(x) ].

comes from

I(k)= 1/(2pi)*\int_0^\infty [ d^2x exp(i k.x) F(x)]

which is has a form very similar to a Fourier-Transform integration.

is there any other efficient method to handle such integral?
regards,
Prithwish