Re: [Help-gsl] Licensing

From: Luke
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Licensing
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 14:02:19 -0700

Jonny,
I found this Wikipedia article interesting and relevant:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_General_Public_License#Linking_and_derived_works

So it seems that it isn't quite clear cut that you *have* to release
item #1 under the GPLv3, although doing so would certainly eliminate
any debate.  But it seems for sure that item #5 must be GPL v3, since
it is clearly a 'derivative work' since you have hacked much of it
together from the GSL sources themselves.  My interpretation of item
#6 is the same as that of item #1.

Other thoughts?

~Luke