Re: [Help-gsl] IEEE environment variable under Windows

From: Chao Ding
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] IEEE environment variable under Windows
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 14:46:43 -0400

If GSL_IEEE does NOT work in Windows, the initiation of the underflow
in my problem is that, I am computing a beta-binomial probability,
which is
gsl_sf_choose(n, k) * gsl_sf_beta(s+ k, f + n-k) /gsl_sf_beta(s, f);

When s, f get larger, the problem of underflow happens. Is there any
way to get rid of the underflow problem without GSL_IEEE_MODE setting?

Thanks,
Chao