Re: [Help-gsl] About invalid parameters in cblas implementation [News fo

From: Brian Gough
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] About invalid parameters in cblas implementation [News for an old discussion]
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2010 09:36:49 +0100

At Tue, 27 Jul 2010 18:02:19 +0200,
José Luis García Pallero wrote:
> This mail is about an old discussion in the list about testing input
> parameters in gsl cblas implementation:
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gsl/2009-06/msg00020.html
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gsl/2009-07/msg00000.html
>
> Attached send I a file with the macros for doing the checks. Brian (or
> other), please, give me your opinion about the method for checking the
> input parameters as we discussed in the previous mails.

Sorry for dropping the ball on this, I'm working on a new project
(http://www.gnu.org/software/gsrc/) so my GSL work has been on hold.

Can you make a patch for the level-2 cblas functions only, I'm
reasonably happy with those but not sure about the level-3.  I think
it would be better to move the pos argument inside the macro, as it
shouldn't be needed outside it (example below).

--
Brian Gough

#define CBLAS_ERROR_GEMV(order,TransA,M,N,alpha,A,lda,X,incX,beta,Y,incY) \
{ int pos = 0; \
CHECK_ORDER(pos,1,order); \
CHECK_TRANSPOSE(pos,2,TransA); \
CHECK_DIM(pos,3,M); \