Re: [Help-gsl] GIT or Bazaar (bzr) for GSL development

From: Brian Gough
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] GIT or Bazaar (bzr) for GSL development
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 13:50:29 +0100

At Sat, 9 Oct 2010 06:39:33 -0400,
Leo Razoumov wrote:
> I noticed that GSL git repository is still being updated. What is the
> status of those git updates? Is it a mirror of the main bzr
> repository? Is it OK to keep following the GIT repo instead of bzr?

All my new commits are going to the bzr repository (only).  Therefore
you would need to switch to bzr to get those.

There one commit in the git repository not yet transferred to the bzr
repository. When that happens I transfer it manually.

At some point I will disable the git repo.

> P.S. Brian, in your announcement of git->bzr move you call bazaar "the
> standard GNU distributed version control system". What makes it "the
> standard" GNU vcs?

Its developers agreed to be part of the GNU Project and follow its
policies (coding standards, etc) so Bazaar became an official GNU
program.