[Help-gsl] About invalid parameters in cblas implementation [News for an

From: José Luis García Pallero
Subject: [Help-gsl] About invalid parameters in cblas implementation [News for an old discussion]
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 14:51:27 +0200

Hello,

Attached I send a patch containing error checking macros for the
level-2 and level-3 blas functions. This patch was made with mercurial
cvs (I've hever used bazaar) translated from the original bazaar
repository of gsl. I've checked the code with the oficial gsl-1.14
code because I have problems with the autogen.sh from the repository.
Plus the modified original files I have added three new files called
error_cblas.h (that constains general check macros), error_cblas_l2.h
(containing the macros for level-2) and error_cblas_l3.h (with the
macros for level-3) to the cblas folder. My known about autotools are
very limited, but I suppose that the error_cblas.h, error_cblas_l2.h
and error_cblas_l3.h files must be added to the tag noinst_HEADERS in
Makefile.am. This was done and appears in the patches.

The code runs OK and pass all make check tests. I send too a small
test that contains one function with a wrong argument. With the
original code, the test runs OK, but with the new one the error is
reported and the program stops. As we discussed in previous mails, I
think that the 'pos' variable in the macros must be passed to the
macro in order to use the macros in the gsl blas wrappers functions
too.

The two patches must be applied in order: first error_cblas_l2.patch
and second error_cblas_l3.patch

The original discussions are:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gsl/2009-06/msg00020.html
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gsl/2009-07/msg00000.html