[Help-gsl] gsl_multiroot_fdfsolver

From: hemanth korrapati
Subject: [Help-gsl] gsl_multiroot_fdfsolver
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 13:48:09 +0100

Hi,

I am trying to find the roots of a set of non-linear equations. But the
problem is that the number of equations is more than the number of unknowns.

I tried using *gsl_multiroot_fdfsolver_hybridsj *as explained in the example
given in the documentation. I got an error which says the following:

gsl: fdfsolver.c:122: ERROR: function incompatible with solver size
Default GSL error handler invoked.

My question is: Can we solve a system of equations with number of equations
greater than the number of variables using gsl ?

Thank You
--
Hemanth Korrapati,
Doctoral Student,