Re: [Help-gsl] Trouble with MEX and GSL on Matlab R2010a and Windows XP(

From: X Statistics
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Trouble with MEX and GSL on Matlab R2010a and Windows XP(32-bit)
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 13:51:53 +1100

Hi,

I work most of the time on GNU/Linux but I have to share my files to people
that works on MS Windows. So, here it is what I tell my co-worker to do.

Install MinGW and MSYS.

Compile GSL using MinGW/MSYS (use the default options and flags). Make sure
it will pass all tests.

Install GNUMEX  (I do not want to post the link here. You can easily find on
the web.)  Just follow the instructions and choose MinGW C/C++ compiler to
use in place of Matlab's "lcc".

Organize the project (even the Matlab ones) in a Unix/Linux way, e.g.

C:/project/bin
C:/project/include
C:/project/mytoolbox
C:/project/lib
C:/project/src
(You can of course organize that in your on way.)

Copy the compiled GSL to C:/project/lib and the header files to
C:/project/include/gsl  (You can just copy and paste them.)

Place you C/MEX files, for example, in
C:/project/src/cmex/mexFisherGradOpt.c

Open Matlab, the choose the working directory as C:/project/src/cmex/   and
finally compile your file with

mex COMPFLAGS="$COMPFLAGS -Wall -W" ./mexFisherGradOpt.c
-outdir=../../mytoolbox -I../../include -L../../lib/libgsl.a

Your *.mexw32 should be in C:/project/mytoolbox. Thus, do not forget to add
that directory path in Matlab.

This is probably not the best way of doing that but it sure works.

Hope that helps you.

Ralph.