[Help-gsl] Eigen solution of non-symmetric tridiagonal

From: Dr. Mehmet SAHIN
Subject: [Help-gsl] Eigen solution of non-symmetric tridiagonal
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 07:17:12 +0200

Dear Sir/Madam,
We try to find eigenvalues and eigenvectors of a non-symmetric tridiagonal matrix. But we have not found any solution in the GSL subroutines. How can we use the GSL subroutines to solve eigenvalues of a nonsymmetric tridiagonal marix? Our real matrix T has the property that the products of pairs of offdiagonals T(i,i+1)*T(i+1,i) are all positive. Which subroutine(s) we should use? Could you help us about solving this problem?

Sincerely,

Mehmet SAHIN
Selcuk University
Department of Physics