Re: [Help-gsl] Eigen solution of non-symmetric tridiagonal

From: Patrick Alken
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Eigen solution of non-symmetric tridiagonal
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 10:02:59 +0100

Yes, LAPACK routines for eigenvalues/eigenvectors are much more advanced than the gsl ones, especially for the non-symmetric cases.

For your particular problem, you would need to use the gsl_eigen_nonsymm routines which handle a general non-symmetric matrix. There are no routines in GSL which specifically handle nonsymmetric tridiagonal matrices. There may be such a routine in LAPACK.

Patrick