[Help-gsl] compiling with gsl on MAC OS X

From: Timothy Frasier
Subject: [Help-gsl] compiling with gsl on MAC OS X
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 11:17:30 -0300

Hi,

I usually write and compile code with gsl on a LINUX machine, and that has
always worked fine.  However, I need some of my programs to work on a MAC, and
I am having trouble with gsl on my MAC (with snow leopard).  When I try to
compile my program, I get the following error "file was built for i386 which is
not the architecture being linked (x86_64).  I get this same error compiling
from the command line, and using XCode.   I would greatly appreciate any help
that you could give to solve this issue.  Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Tim Frasier

Timothy R. Frasier
Department of Biology