Re: [Help-gsl] Solving Ax=B where A is a complex, singular matrix

From: Marco Maggi
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Solving Ax=B where A is a complex, singular matrix
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 10:29:26 +0200

Brian Gough wrote:

> Thanks for your email.  I  can confirm that the library is
> lacking the  complex SVD and QR  unfortunately.  If anyone
> can write either I will gladly include them.

In general, is  it maybe time to consider  to rely on LAPACK
now that they have made these changes to the C API?  I still
have  to try  the  latest  LAPACK, but  from  the README  of
"lapacke.tgz":

  This implementation introduces:

  - row-major and  column-major matrix layout  controlled by
    the first function parameter;

  - an  implementation  with  working  arrays  (middle-level
    interface) as well as without working arrays (high-level
    interface);

  - input scalars passed by value;

  - error  code  as  a  return  value instead  of  the  INFO
    parameter.

  I do  not think GSL will  ever be able to  provide as many
routines as  LAPACK does;  so if "officially"  GSL documents
how  to  use its  data  types  with  LAPACK's routines,  GSL
maintainers and users can stop worrying about missing things
(we have seen multiple  requests for complex matrix routines
on the GSL mailing list in recent years).

  Such  documentation work  should  be much  less work  than
implementing new routines for GSL.
--
Marco Maggi