[Help-gsl] ODE solver returns wrong values on second run

From: Michael Clerx
Subject: [Help-gsl] ODE solver returns wrong values on second run
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 15:37:45 +0200

Hi everyone,

I've been using the GSL ode functions to solve a large differential equation with good results. However, just this afternoon I noticed that running the same simulation twice (from within the same program / executable) will return incorrect results on the second run. I've checked and double checked to see if I was misusing any static or global variables but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Besides these calls:
        gsl_odeiv_evolve_reset(odeEvolve);
        gsl_odeiv_step_reset(odeStep);
        gsl_odeiv_evolve_free(odeEvolve);
        gsl_odeiv_control_free(odeControl);
        gsl_odeiv_step_free(odeStep);
is there anything else I should do to reset the solvers?

Thanks,
  Michael