Re: [Help-gsl] Copy C Matrix Data to GSL Matrix

From: Rodney Sparapani
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Copy C Matrix Data to GSL Matrix
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 08:59:16 -0500

Marcel Bechmann wrote:
Dear all,

I'm working on researching the root water uptake by plants. In my model, I have to fill in Data from a dense SuperLU Matrix (which is a general C Matrix with some additional information) into a gsl Matrix. I'm doing this element wise by now, but as my problem grows, this assignment is very slow. Is it possible to pass the whole matrix data to the gsl matrix structure by assigning the gsl_Matrix.data = &CMatrix? What shall i do with tda, block and owner?

Cheers,

Marcel

Hi Marcel:

I think you leave owner alone since you will free the matrix via
SuperLU rather than GSL (not sure about block). I've been doing this for a while with CHOLMOD via pre-processor macros.

#define MAT(C, G) gsl_matrix G; G.size1=C->ncol; G.size2=C->nrow; G.tda=C->nrow; G.data=C->x;

#define VEC(C, G) gsl_vector G; G.size=C->nrow; G.stride=1; G.data=C->x;

I've created some docs which you can find at http://www.mcw.edu/FileLibrary/Groups/Biostatistics/Software/JulySoftware/manual.pdf
See the first 2 pages.

Rodney