Re: [Help-gsl] Building gsl-1.15 under MinGW

From: John Chludzinski
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Building gsl-1.15 under MinGW
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 12:56:17 -0400

If you're using GSL, I would seriously suggest you take a look at LAPACK for
linear algebra routines.  GSL is literally orders of magnitude slower than
LAPACK. (It took me 15hrs to solve a generalized eigenvalue problem using
GSL and ~4 min. using LAPACK.)

For LAPACK use GotoBLAS2 (http://www.tacc.utexas.edu/tacc-projects/gotoblas2).
 Builds easily with MinGW.  BTW, you'll need to add wget to the bin folder
in MinGW.

---John