Re: [Help-gsl] minimization with constraints

From: Marco Maggi
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] minimization with constraints
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 08:12:03 +0200

Srinivasan, Rajagopalan [ANMUS] wrote:

> I have a  minimization problem but I cannot  conceive of a
> way  to  come  up  with  a  gradient.  Hence  I  am  using
> gsl_multimin_fminimizer_nmsimplex.  There  are 5 variables
> in the range -1.0 - 72.0 with a desired step size of 0.01.

Sorry for this late and  very rough answer, it has been some
time since I last thought about these subjects; is OOL[1] of
help to you?  It  is an old library and I do  not know if it
still can be used with the latest GSL, but once it gave me a
good impression.

HTH

[1] <http://ool.sourceforge.net/>
--