Re: [Help-gsl] Testing a function in gsl

From: Rhys Ulerich
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Testing a function in gsl
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 09:38:07 -0500

Hi Greg,

> I am lost, I have a library that I have been converting for a while and now
> is the time to test it. The problem is I have never done any kind of
> testing. I have the data set and need to feed it into a function ( I
> actually only need to test one function in the whole file).
> Any suggestions, links, places where I can start learning?

Many of the subdirectories inside GSL contain a file called test.c.
These files test the subdirectory's worth of function for GSL's 'make
check' target.  Most (if not all) of them use a header called
gsl/gsl_test.h.  Pick a portion of GSL that you understand fairly well
and read through it's test.c to get some ideas.

- Rhys