Re: [Help-gsl] gsl newbie: GSL_EFAULT in

From: Steve Brosnan
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] gsl newbie: GSL_EFAULT in
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 10:45:01 -0800

Illes,

I too am pretty much a newbie, but I have successfully used the new (upgraded
in gsl-1.15) ode solver. You are probably correct that you have not allocated
things properly. I really encourage you to read Section 26 of the
documentation, but here is the kernel of what I found to be important. New for
gsl-1.15 is a higher level interface using the 'driver', which has worked fine
for me. What you need to do is:
(1)  Define and load the gsl_odeiv2_system structure.
(2)  Allocate the driver with one of four options. I used
gsl_odeiv2_driver_alloc_y_new. One of the call parameters is the
gsl_odeiv2_step_type* that you have already noted.
(3)  Call gsl_odeiv2_driver_apply in your integration loop
(4)  Free memory when you're done with gsl_odeiv2_driver_free

Hope that helps.

Best regards,

Steve