Re: [Help-gsl] Work in Progress - GSL for Windows

From: John Pye
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Work in Progress - GSL for Windows
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2011 10:48:20 +1100

Hi Clinton

I am one of those people who has packaged GSL for Windows. I did a 1.13 version, but I haven't had a burning need for a later version, so haven't repackaged. But it's easy to do; I am happy to provide my build scripts, too, if you want to try them and aren't allergic to MinGW, and appropriately reference my efforts.

http://ascend4.org/Binary_installer_for_GSL-1.13_on_MinGW

One issue that I am aware of is 64-bit support. I haven't attempted to build GSL on 64-bit, and that could be the source of the problems that you refer to. Can I suggest that it would be extremely useful if you were to spell out in more detail the types of problems that you have experienced, and that will make it easier for problems to be understood/fixed by the community.

Given that the C ABI is common across different compilers, there should be no problem with MinGW DLLs and MSVC, but again, provided the 32-bit/64-bit issue is resolved.

Cheers
JP