Re: [Help-gsl] compiling svd

From: Frank Reininghaus
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] compiling svd
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 17:32:35 +0100

Hi,

Am 22. März 2012 16:09 schrieb Bryan Lepore:
> I do not understand how to get singular value decomposition to work.
>
> It appears one cannot simply pick the .c file out of the gsl build
> directory and compile it. g++ gives a common error when attempting to
> link svd.o (see below).
>
> I *do* know how to compile and link the sample bessel function, and
> the LU decomposition, and linalg/test.c, and they work as I expected.
> I noticed that svd.c does not have `int main()`. wondering if I am
> missing some documentation, or did not build properly, or making basic
> programming errors, etc.

well, the error message says it all: you're trying to create an
executable which does not have a main() function, so it is unclear
what your program is supposed to do.

The file svd.c contains functions which calculate the SVD
decomposition of a matrix, but in order to actually do that, you need
a main() function which calls those functions.

I hope that helps,
Frank