[Help-gsl] design philosophy

From: Gideon Simpson
Subject: [Help-gsl] design philosophy
Date: Sun, 6 May 2012 11:17:36 -0500

I'm working on a project that involves both numerical integration of a system
of ODEs and the solution of nonlinear systems of equations, and I was wondering
if there was a reason that the interfaces were not better unified.  In
particular, the ODE routines take, as arguments, double arrays, while the
nonlinear solvers use the gsl_vector data structure.  It's easy enough to map
from one to the other, but I was wondering, why not have more consistency?

-gideon