[Help-gsl] gsl vs. petsc

From: Gideon Simpson
Subject: [Help-gsl] gsl vs. petsc
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 18:58:29 -0500

While I've used petsc for some larger numerical linear algebra projects
(typically on the order of 10000 degrees of freedom), I'd thought that smaller
problems, with sizes of <= 100 degrees of freedom could be well handled by
serial algorithms.  But petsc obviously has a much more extensive collection of
solvers for sparse systems.  I was wondering, has anyone compared performance
between the two libraries on smaller problems?

-gideon