Re: [Help-gsl] Want to contribute

From: Rhys Ulerich
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Want to contribute
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 13:45:57 -0500

Hi Alfred,

> I found GSL has been really helpful to me. I would like to contribute to
> it. However, I don't know if it is still in active development.

It's true the development has not been active of late.  Nontrivial new
features to GSL are best added as extensions.  See
"Extensions/Applications" at http://www.gnu.org/software/gsl/.

> I want to edit the manual and add more examples to it so that it will be
> easier for
> beginners to pick up.

Improvements to the manual are welcome.  Feel free to submit
Documentation "bugs" with attached patches so that the committers can
apply them into trunk.

Cheers,
Rhys