Re: [Help-gsl] Multiple precision GSL?

From: Warren Weckesser
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Multiple precision GSL?
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 16:07:41 -0500

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 9:52 AM, PAU ROLDAN <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> are you aware of any multiple-precision implementation of the GSL library,
> or
> something close to it? I have been browsing the web but nothing seems to be
> available.
>
> The MPFR website is listing
>
>   "The MPGSL (Multiple Precision GSL), a collection of routines for
> numerical
>   computing. This is a partial rewrite of the GSL using MPFR, by Marco
> Maggi."
>
> but this project seems to be dead.
>
> The closest thing I found is the mpmath python library
> http://code.google.com/p/mpmath/
>
> In particular, I would like to port some of my (double-precision) code
> using
> numerical integration, ODE, and root-finding GSL routines into
> multiple-precision.

It's not GSL, so the following is off-topic, but given the question, you
might be interested...

A few years ago, I converted the CVODE code in the SUNDIALS suite to use
the arbitrary precision floating point values provided by the CLN library.
See: http://www.warrenweckesser.net/software/sundials_cln/

Warren